When taking trips to cold weather destinations, you’ll need to dress warmly; but feeling stylish, warm, and managing to fit everything in a suitcase, can cause a few packing dilemmas.
The key to packing for a winter trip is lots of layers, stylish coats, and quality outerwear. If you choose your layers wisely, you’ll have great pieces you can mix and match for a stylish winter look!
Use my packing ideas below, but revise as needed based on weather for your own trip to a cold-weather destination!
What to Pack for a Cold-Weather Trip
1. Knit Cap // You’ll definitely need something warm on the top of your head.
2. Chunky Scarf // Pack a nice chunky scarf to keep you warm.
3. Winter Gloves // It’s cold. If they have touchscreen pads (like this pair) it’s a huge bonus so you don’t need to take them off to snap photos on from your smartphone.
4. Wool Socks // Trust me on this, invest in some heavy wool socks. They wick away moisture and keep your feet dry and warm.
5. Wide Brim Hat // Not only do hats add warmth — they add some style.
6. Heavy Coat // Depending on how cold your destination will be, don’t skimp on a nice, heavy coat or parka.
7. Ski Gear // Snowboarding in California (where I’m from) doesn’t always require a heavy ski coat, but if you plan to ski or snowboard, bring a warmer, waterproof ski or snowboarding jacket and pants.
8. Fleece Pullover // A soft fleece pullover is the perfect balance of comfort and durability when temperatures aren’t too cold.
9. Stylish Coat // Depending on where you’re headed, you may want to look nice to go out to eat or grab a cocktail. Don’t forget a few stylish pieces!
10. Poncho // I love ponchos for easy winter style. Get a nice wool poncho to pair with jeans or leggings for an easy day to night look.
11. Faux Fur Vest // A warm vest is the perfect, stylish layer.
12. & 13. Long Sleeve Tees // The key to staying cold weather is layering. Bring some basic long sleeves, and a comfy sweatshirt, to add or remove throughout the day and night.
14. Denim Shirt // A denim shirt adds warmth, and goes with everything!
15. Swimsuit // Two words: hot springs. You destination may have an awesome spa where you can lounge.
16. Black Denim & Dark Denim// Black jeans are super versatile for any outfit.
17. Active Leggings // Whether you’re hiking or skiing, activewear leggings are the perfect under or outer layer.
18. Fleece-lined Leggings // Fleece leggings are life-savers. On adventurous days, you can wear under a pair of pants. Or, you can wear them with a long sweater or dress to stay warm.
19. Waterproof Boots // Tall boots in case there’s snow or rain. Make sure they’re waterproof!
20. Combat Boots // A shorter boot for every day wear, and most activities.
Leave a comment
I’m loving your post so much! Very useful list; will be keeping it saved just in case.