Hi I’m Kiki! I created The Blonde Abroad to help women find the confidence to travel the world. On this site, you’ll find countless resources on everything from solo travel to packing guides to photography tips.
For exclusive travel tips, giveaways and more, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter. Happy exploring!
First thing’s first! Where do you want to go? There are SO many amazing destinations around the world and I’ve shared helpful tips on traveling to over 70 countries! Wanderlust is often sparked by stumbling upon a beautiful image of a distant place and adding it to your travel bucket list. If you’re interested in taking that dream trip, but need a little inspiration to pick which destination is right for you, check out some of my top articles on bucket list experiences for all types of travelers!
- Travel Bucket List for 2023
- Lesser-Known Weekend Getaways in the US
- 10 Budget-Friendly Honeymoon Destinations
- 30 Trips to Take in Your 30's
- 10 Safest Destinations for Solo Female Travelers
- The Best Girlfriend Getaways Around the World
- Top 10 Experiences for Solo Female Travelers
- 25 Destinations To Visit in Your Lifetime
Plan Your Trip
- My Favorite Travel Planning Websites
- Traveling for Free with Credit Card Points
- How to Plan an Epic Trip with Only 2 Weeks Vacation Time
- 10 Important Things To Do Before Every Trip
- Ten Reasons to Get Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip
- How to Find Cheap Accommodation Around the World
It can be hard to know where to start when planning your dream trip. What’s the first step? What’s the second? Third? Fourth? Travel can seem like a daunting subject with so much information available and, the longer you go away, the more things you seem to have to think about.
Travelers don’t need a lot of gear on the road. However, since investing in new travel gear can become expensive, and making a mistake can lead to wasting money by buying the wrong gear, this section will teach you how to buy the right luggage, what not to pack, and give you some insider tips and tricks for the road!
- My Travel Photography Gear
- The Ultimate Travel Gear Packing Guide
- The Best Travel Luggage, Totes and Backpacks
- Why You Need to Travel with a Wi-Fi Hotspot
- How to Avoid Overpacking for a Trip
- The Best Travel Reward Credit Cards
- Ultimate Guide to Using a VPN While Traveling
- 10 Tips for Learning a New Language
If you’re like me, packing for a trip is the hardest part of the journey. And, it’s not always about what clothes to pack, but how many outfits to pack, and what’s appropriate to wear in your destination! I’ve traveled many countries, including very conservative countries, so I’ve outlined my best packing tips and travel outfits for tons of destinations! Packing should be the fun part.
- The Ultimate Carry-On Packing Guide
- What to Pack for a Winter Vacation
- My Favorite Boots + Shoes for Traveling
- Hiking Gear Guide for Women
- What to Pack for a Tropical Vacation
- What to Pack for a Conservative Country
- What to Pack for a Summer Road Trip
Once you’ve picked your destination or destinations, it’s time to nail down the details and make your itinerary and final plans. After years of international travel, I’ve learned a thing or two, so I’ve compiled comprehensive travel guides and helpful travel tips for pretty much every scenario or situation you could come across while traveling. Is it your first solo trip? Your first trip out of the country? Or, maybe, you’re traveling on a budget? These guides can help you plan the best trip possible. I’ve got you covered!
- 20 Things Every Traveler Should Know
- The Beginner’s Guide to International Travel
- Ten Essential Tips For Solo Female Travelers
- The Ultimate Survival Guide for Long-Haul Flights
- 20 Things I’ve Learned from 10 Years of Travel
- Tips for Conquering Your Fear of Flying
- 6 Travel Budget Busters to Avoid